What a great event! Thanks to all who came out on Wednesday, April 22nd to spend their Twin Hills bucks at our Patient Appreciation Auction. We’ve got some happy patients who are excited about their purchases!
With May it’s time to get back outside and plant some bulbs, mow the lawn and pull some weeds. Gardening can provide a great workout and be enjoyable, but it is important to stretch your muscles before reaching for your gardening tools. Remember the back, upper legs, shoulders and wrists are all major muscle groups that are affected when using your green thumb!
- The birthstone for May is the emerald which represents success or love.
- The birth flower for May is the Crataegus monogyna and the Lily of the Valley.
- On May 1, 1931 the Empire State Building was officially opened.
- Armed Forces Day – celebrated the third Saturday of May
- Mother’s Day – celebrated on the second Sunday of May
- Memorial Day – celebrated on the last Monday in May.
- May 5 – Cinco de Mayo
- On the first Saturday in May, the Kentucky Derby takes place.